Tuesday, October 14, 2008

All I can say is Wow!

First of all, I'm too tired to post, but I don't want to get further beind. Here are a couple of pictures I promised of the Winchester Mystery House.
















Now, the reason I didn't post yesterday was this. That drive south on Highway 1 is a doozy! Take my word for it, if you have the choice, go north! I was the passenger (since Bry is directionally challenged I had to navigate.) Anyway, the pasenger is on the cliff side southbound. You'll see when you get to those pix. After 90 miles and 7 hours, we had a couple of stiff drinks when we finally got to our motel. Then, I was too wasted to write.
But, let's start at the beginning. We went to Carmel and Carmel Valley. This is a view of Pebble Beach golf course from Carmel Beach.
















We went down memory lane in Carmel Valley searching for a bar called the Stirrup Cup that was there in the 50s when we were. This is now and then.















Here is a taste of the Big Sur coastline, photos taken with white kncukles! It's hard to see, but we crossed the bridge in the 2nd picture!








































This is the waterfall on Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park beach. It was outstanding,but there was no beach access, only a viewing path.
















We found time in the afternoon for a stop at an annual Jade Festival. It is held at Pacific Valley School as a fundraiser. The 60s are alive and well on the Big Sur coast!

















Across the street from the jade fest, we made the long climb down to Sand Dollar Beach, where we hunted for jade. There were some huge pieces, but we found enough manageable ones to satisfy us.















Later, we passed by the Chalk fire.

















Near the end of the day's journey, we found the beach where the elephant seals come at different times of the year. These are juveniles up to 4 years old. Amazing!















Again, I'm too tired to be very creative or to even catch up, because these are all yesterday's events. I'll write about today tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nutz said...

Very cool! I wish I was there!!

kelli said...

I can't wait to hear about the Jade Festival. It has to be a highlight for you! And I know the hippies are alive and well... my girl is dating a malibu hippie!